Thursday, June 15, 2006

Summer Haiku?

Friends,

I don't know if I've done something wrong, or if this is just how it is during the summer, but the sharing of haiku here at the summer haiku blog is pretty "blah" right now. If I've not done a good job as moderator, I'm sorry. However, I hope to see some summer haiku in the coming weeks.

I would like to thank Little Onion for posting his exciting stories of his haiku adventures. I hope all of you are having a good summer thus far. I'm always here if any of you need anything. I guess the last thing I have to say is "Go Mavs~!"

- Dustin Neal

.........................my last quarter.
.........................
in the jukebox—
.........................summer moon

3 Comments:

Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

Dustin - don't take it personally. I've discovered that haiku is a lot like baseball, featuring streaks and slumps with little rhyme or reason. As you may have noticed on the Shadow Poetry Bulletin Board, I seem to be the author of every other post. I heed the silence as a challenge to write a haiku every day - whether the Muse is with me or not.

As a suggestion, why don't you supply a kigo and ask us to provide the rest of a haiku? Just my two pesos...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Aurora said...

Blogging usually goes down in summer months. Most people are out enjoying the weather, away from their computers as much as possible. Just a thought.

5:24 PM  
Blogger angelee said...

dustin,
relax..it is rather hot for haiku and a spot of rain will help ,the kigo idea is good
angelee

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home